Friday 7 November 2014

Space Engineers - A Tour of the Hiira Class Light Explorer

I've been spending many hours on Space Engineers lately and I thought I'd give a guided tour of my ever ship, the Hiira Class Light Explorer! This was the first ship I ever made in Space Engineers and it's made using completely vanilla content. Take the guided tour below:



The Hiira Class is a ship designed to be taken into survival mode to be used as a starting ship. In survival, you'd normally have to start with some amount of "Platform" on an asteroid, with refineries and such to set you off. I didn't like the idea of turning up and building an epic space station, when you turn up ON part of a space station. I felt it would be a better experience to "arrive" in a ship, as if you'd travelled there.

It's an as-compact-as-I-like vessel in which every major Space Engineers toolkit is provided. However, it has very little armour and only a few weapons, hence it is unlikely to see of Cargo Ships or Meteor Showers (both of which I'd want in survival) and that's where I think the balance comes in. It does also have more limited cargo capacity than I initially thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment