Thursday 6 November 2014

GTA IV - My First Ever Skin!

So I've wanted to try skinning for some time in GTA IV, but I've never been sure how to start. I've always been told "Try Google", but I hate that and I'm not a very good googler (I can never find what I need). So some kind people over on the British police Mods group kindly pointed me in the right direction, for which I was immensely grateful. Don't know about the group? Get yourself involved with the BPM youtube page. Once you've subscribed your way over there, try out some mods, and get involved by commenting in the videos and asking how you can get involved with the facebook group.
The skin itself is fictional and I drew influences from the UK Ambulance Services and the Danish Politti (police). It's based around a fictional (but UK-based) society where everything has a militaristic nature (hence the 184th Division). You'll also see this in how I've arranged the police ped skins, that are part of the fictional Liberty City Metropolitan Police. I think I will do more skinning in the not so distant future, but at the moment I do suffer from an unstable game setup, so I can't really enjoy the game or mine or anyone else's mods properly. :(
 I hope y'all like my first ever attempt at reskinning and hopefully there will be more GTA content to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment