Monday 3 November 2014

Space Engineers - Torpedo Testing (First Test)



I've been playing Space Engineers a lot recently, and I've started expanding my designing. With one class completely made, and it's refit underway, as well as the construction of two more classes underway, I got to thinking about large scale offensive capabilities. This video is my first attempt at stringing all the concepts together into a functional system.

I'm not 100% sure if the warheads actually detonated or not, but they were at least destroyed in the collision. More testing will be required to get the detonation mechanism nailed down.

The torpedo itself has generally torpedo-like qualities - why fix what isn't broken! Cylindrical in shape to minimise the forward profile to prevent detection and countermeasures. The red passageway on the top of the torpedo (0:12) is the access hatch to the torpedo interior, which actually turned out to be surprising spacey (I will probably show it off once it's more finalised). The merge block visible on the right hand side is part of the launching mechanism.

This torpedo test was done against the standard Space Engineers "Red Ship".

No comments:

Post a Comment