Wednesday 18 September 2013

Test Drive Tuesday - Pagani Zonda R

Car: Pagani Zonda R
Cost: $18
So yesterdays Test Drive Tuesday on Simraceway was the legendary Pagani ZondaR. I would have liked to review this in audio, however due to a technical fault (my hard drive ejected itself), I couldn't record at all yesterday. I did manage to record some racing vidoes, these will pretty much have to serve as my indication of how the car drives! One is online now, I'll upload the rest after editing.

So,the Zonda R. Off the line, it's alot harder to drive than the 787 last week: the 787 can take some serious pedal without loosing control, but you have to be very gingerly on the controls with the Zonda. While the 787 is slightly faster, the Zonda is a beast of a car and you can find yourself out of control very easily accelerating or braking. I also find the car quite heavy in corners so all things considered, it really pays to be slow and in control.

Once you stop trying to thrash the car around the track (as I did with the 787!) the Zonda really comes into its own and you can get the full power down on the road. It took me a good while to get used to car, and as the racing videos show, I still get caught out from time to time, but otherwise the car is pretty good drive. Unfortunately, this will (again) completely miss the Test Drive Tuesday offer, so the Zonda is available for $18 on the Simraceway website which, as much fun and illustrious as this car is, I'd still try to get it for a cheaper price - either in a bundle or on another offer.

Again, due to aforementioned technical difficulties, I've not been able to do the lap comparisons for this car. I'll do another post when I've rectified that! Until then, here's a few races at Silverstone in the Zonda:
 
PS - no idea what happened to the video quality on this one will try to get it sorted

No comments:

Post a Comment