Friday 6 September 2013

Test Drive Tuesday - Maserati MC12 GT1

Game: Simraceway
Cost: $12

A great feature of Simraceway is that every Tuesday, they allow you access to a car that you might not have. During which time, they host a good variety of quick races and you are free to drive the car in practice mode on any track you like. If you want to buy the car, its discounted to 50% off for the duration of the Test Drive Tuesday event. I have taken part in a few TDT's and have done the last 3. I'm thinking of turning it into a weekly regular feature on Youtube and this blog, with driving and racing in the car. Unfortunately, due to my very slow internet, I doubt I will ever get a video online before the TDT event ends, but the review will feature on Wednesday or Thursday.

So this Tuesday, the car of choice was the Maserati MC12 GT1, which I took for a spin on the Watkins Glen Long circuit. My video review is above (I do apologise for the sound on the videos, my microphone is of lack-lustre quality at the best of times and can be quite quiet).

In brief, its probably the best fun I've had in a supercar since starting the Test Drive Tuesdays. As someone who's not well experienced in high-powered rear-wheel drives, I found that this car is very stable though corners and a can accelerate and brake well in a straight line. It is still quite easy to loose traction and spin out powering though corners, as it is under heavy braking, but its certainly good fun to drive a nice open track like Watkins Glen and its not that powerful that I got caught out every lap. At $12 its probably a little too pricey to buy myself, but if I had to get a supercar in my collection, this would probably be my car of choice.

Videos of racing to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment