Sunday 27 July 2014

It's not all video games and dash cam clips!

No it certainly is not! Tonight I had the wonderful opportunity to be a spectator for the quarter finals of the team badminton event at the 2014 Commonwealth Games at Glasgow. We unwittingly wandered to what would turn out to be one of the best seats for watching the Scotland-Malaysia games on court one.
The first games were the mixed doubles, and holy hell, the Scottish pair of Blair and Baniker pulled out an absolutely performance to win their match, two games to one. It was an absolutely electric act, with some of the most insane rallies I've ever seen, including several spectacular series of smashes by Blair!
 The games were close, going point to point in a painstaking battle, but eventually Scotland came through to win the mixed pairs match. I didn't realise the zoom on my camera messed with the focus when on video mode, but I managed to catch the final of point of the match!


Sadly, Scotland would not go on to win the rest of the matches and lost the quarter finals, but it was great to be there in the stands to watch the great games played by all the athletes from all the countries across the 4 courts. Sadly I'll be at work, so I won't be able to follow the semi-finals and finals in the coming days but I wish everyone good luck!

On the way back, there was even enough time to stop off for a great meal at the Dakota hotel at the outskirts of the city!.

No comments:

Post a Comment